Agriculture — unattended, overnight delivery of multiple order types
Client Challenge - Agricultural parts distribution is unlike any other parts distribution systems, Farmers have a very tight window of time available to do field work. Our client was having difficulty consolidating and delivering multiple parts orders coming from multiple manufacturing sites then distributing to dealers as one consolidated order across wide geographic regions.
Client Risk -
Ability to integrate IT resources to track thousands of parts coming from multiple manufacturing sites
1. Agriculture line haul trucks – En route line hauls from multiple manufacturing sites in North America to strategically placed LDS Cross Docks
2. Lanter Cross Docks Employee with hand-held scanner – LDS Cross Docks scan, sort, segregate freight from multiple manufacturing sites and load 26’ Straight trucks for night unattended delivery to the dealer network
3. Lanter 26’ Straight Truck - Equipment of choice to make speedy, safe and consistent dealer deliveries
4. Handheld Scanner – Driver Intermec handheld scanner records delivery time, date and freight ID. Return packages are scanned.
5. Agriculture dealer – Parts are delivered in secure location at the dealer by 0800 next day.
6. Agriculture Parts Distribution Center – Returns are consolidated at LDS Cross Docks and transported to remanufacturing sites