Our Automotive Client, who maintains a dedicated fleet, was incurring enormous overhead costs and struggling to satisfy the daily demands of the dealership network for replacement parts.
Losing visibility and giving up ownership of their distribution network.
Site visits were made to all necessary client facilities by our operations team to gain a clear understanding of the client’s unique delivery requirements. Accurate volume information and delivery details were gathered and verified. Our team also visited all dealers prior to start-up and made arrangements to guarantee successful, unattended delivery access.
Once client and dealer data were analyzed, a shared dedicated route structure was designed within the Lanter Shared Network, clear communications were established to all key stakeholders, and backup plans were put in place.
When orders from the dealers were complete for the day, Lanter Delivery Systems successfully picked up from the various distribution centers. We then delivered the critical parts and daily stock orders throughout the relevant geographic regions with one consolidated delivery by 0800 the next day.
1. Automotive line haul trucks – En route line hauls from multiple manufacturing sites in North America to strategically placed LDS Cross Docks.
2. Lanter Cross Docks Employee with handheld scanner – LDS Cross Docks scan, sort, and segregate freight from multiple manufacturing sites and load 26’ Straight trucks for night unattended delivery to the dealer network.
3. Lanter 26’ Straight Truck – Equipment of choice to make speedy, safe, and consistent dealer deliveries.
4. Handheld Scanner – Driver handheld scanner indicating time, date and freight ID. Return packages are scanned.
5. Automotive dealer – Parts are delivered in secure location at the dealer by 0800 next day.
6. Automotive Parts Distribution Center – Returns are consolidated at LDS Cross Docks and transported to re-manufacturing sites.
- Consolidated route structures to reduce the overall cost
- End to end tracking and trace of parts throughout the entire supply chain
- Improved lead time to dealers
- Improved dealer satisfaction
- Limited number of touches to reduce damage
- Premium services at a competitive prices