Frequently Asked Questions
Lanter Delivery Systems, LLC. makes over 8,000 emergency critical parts and daily stock order deliveries every day:
- Agriculture Parts
- OEM Automotive Parts
- Trucking Industry Parts
- Automotive Aftermarket Parts & Products
- Field Technician Parts
- Industrial Parts
- Material Handling Parts
- Laboratory Specimens
- Medical Supplies
- Office Products
- Household & Retail goods
- Insurance & Legal documents
We can provide complete nationwide emergency critical parts and daily stock order deliveries to any established store, branch, or dealer location (except Hawaii & Alaska) in the United States and Canada. We can provide Regional or SUPER REGIONAL geographic coverage from one of our ninety three outbound regional cross docks. Please see our geographic coverage map section for additional detail on our nationwide network.
We provide regularly scheduled Monday through Friday pick-ups at your PDC (Parts Distribution Center) with Tuesday through Saturday delivery prior to 0800. Yes, Saturdays are included at no extra cost to you or your customers.
Lanter Delivery Systems, LLC. is the category leader in overnight delivery of emergency critical parts and daily stock orders. Overnight Nighttime delivery is a unique service where we provide a regularly scheduled Monday through Friday pick-up at your Parts Distribution Center with daily scheduled Tuesday through Saturday next morning delivery to your stores, dealers, or branches prior to 0800. In order to provide this service, we meet with every store, branch, or dealer prior to start-up to understand and establish a detailed night unattended delivery plan.
The greatest factors that make Lanter Delivery Systems, LLC. your SINGLE SOURCE for NATIONWIDE emergency critical parts and daily stock orders are:
- Over 30 years of overnight nighttime unattended delivery experience
- Our ability to provide consistent 99% on-time delivery in a shared or dedicated delivery network
- Experienced on-site management team, dock sorters, and customer service support manages and controls every aspect of solution
- Best value compared to other modes of transportation – ground, air, or LTL
- Our robust routing/optimizing software to manage your dynamic model
- End to end track & trace technology
- Over ability to duplicate proven processes in other regions of the country for you
- Our ability to cover large geographic regions prior to 0800 hours
Yes, Lanter Delivery Systems, LLC. provides on-site dock support to over 95% of our current clients. Our on-site dock support responsibilities include quality control tasks such as package scanning, package sorting, damage prevention, and trailer loading.
We look at the following criteria to determine the most cost effective rate per stop for your outbound supply chain network:
- Shipment frequency to end point locations
- Total number of end point locations
- Geographic area
- PDC release time
- Amount of time required to unload at end point
- Average number of pieces per shipment
- Average cube per shipment
- Dedicated or shared service
With our daily flat rate per stop model, we simplify and streamline your invoice by eliminating the need to manually audit weekly invoices for correct pieces and weight, removing the possibility of overcharging and simplifying the claims process. Invoices and EDI feeds can also be custom formatted with GL codes that are recognizable by your accounting systems
Our new client on-boarding process is the foundation for recommending the best possible night unattended delivery solution at the lowest possible cost. The building blocks of this process include getting to know your business, in-depth data analysis, on-site PDC visits, and a complete understanding of your requirements. Leadership based on this proven process in the early stages of the solution design GUARANTEES that critical factors used to determine optical routing, technology, and cost are uncovered and documented within your solution.
No, we do not use subcontractors to complete the final delivery to your store, branch, or dealer. Our success has always depended on the high quality and solid commitment mix of owner-operators and long term carrier partners. We complete over 8,000 night unattended deliveries in every city from coast to coast and for each of the markets we require qualified, experienced, and reliable owner-operators and carrier partners to provide the best delivery experience for our clients and their customers. Owner-operator and Carrier Selection criteria includes cost efficiency, dynamic vehicle fleets, financial stability, owner involvement, safety track record, and scalability.
Yes, should you have the need to consistently return parts or reusable containers back to the origin Parts Depot, we can offer return service and build the cost into the per stop fee once your reverse logistics are assessed. We can also provide you with a once a month return service if you don’t require consistent daily returns.
An ideal customer would mirror many of our current client models which have the following criteria:
- Views logistics as key supply chain strategy
- Multiple Parts Distribution Centers in North America
- Consistent delivery frequency to set endpoints (stores, branches, or dealers)
- Need to cover large regional geographic footprints in North America
- Benefit from having your parts or products delivered prior to opening your doors in the morning
We have the ability to customize any report you need – the level of detail is up to you.